This blog has been relocated:
Please go here.
With Love,
Jason

.........................

I too am not a bit tamed....I too am untranslatable
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world
-Walt Whitman
From "Leaves of Grass"

.............................

I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.  I honor the place in you which is of love, of integrity, of understanding and of peace.  When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Namaste

........................

The future is an infinite succession of presents and to live now, as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself, a marvelous victory.
Howard Zinn

.............................

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Moving On.....

I really can't believe that my five weeks in Europe are over. I have walked countless miles, eaten countless falafels, shed countless beads of sweat, met countless amazing people, shared countless inspiring conversations, spent countless amounts of time in smelly, snore-ridden hostels, and learned countless things about myself and the world. I have spent no time on cell phones, no money on gas, no time in front of TVs and hardly any time in clean clothes. I have become an expert at figuring out public transportation and quite good at navigating tiny winding streets after a handful of hours spent lost and wandering with a huge pack and no idea as to where I'm going. I think the most exciting part about travelling is the complete and utter uncertainty about what will happen at any moment. The times immediately after getting off trains in completely new and foreign environments with nothing but a backpack and a brain have proved to be full of enliving suspense. It feels like being a baby, I just try to be fully receptive to all that the environments have to offer. The experience of spending time with other young people in the same boat of newness and eagerness has been absolutely amazing. So many of the people I have shared time with are so ready to shed their comforts and throw themselves into new interactions and new experiences. It is so easy to forge new friendships out of nothing and share stories and ideas about the world with people that are open to anything. I look forward to enjoying equally as inspiring and beautiful times in a new continent...

Tomorrow morning I am off to India. It is bittersweet to leave Europe but I am ready to once again experience something extremely new and different. After two days in Delhi I am heading to Rishikesh to stay in the Niketan Ashram for 16 days. The ashram focuses on the teaching of the 8-fold yogic path as detailed in the Patanjali Sutras. My daily schedule will be as follows:

MORNING BELL 5:00 AM

MORNING MEDITATION 5:30 TO 6:30AM

MORNING YOGA 7:00 TO 8:00 AM

BREKFAST 8:15 AM

LIBRARY 9:00 TO 11:00 AM

LUNCH 12 NOON

LECTURE 3:15 TO 4:00 PM

EVENING TEA 4:00PM

EVENING YOGA 4:30 TO 5:30 PM

EVENING MEDITATION 6:00 TO 7:00 PM

DINNER 7.45 PM

I will be out of communication until the end of the month when I meet up with Phil in the Delhi airport and we head to Bangkok. I hope everyone's summers have been and continue to be full of joy and abundance. Much love to all.

Namaste

1 comment:

kim said...

Hi Jason...I can't wait for you to get back in communication. I miss the blogging....Hope all is well.....Kim